1. Each student must bring their own "The official MTO driver's handbook" for in-class sessions. Students registered for full course must attend the 20 hours in classroom lessons, complete 10 hours Workbook (Home link) or must complete 20 + 10 hours on line e- Learning course and 10 hours in car lessons with automatic transmission. Full attendance is mandatory. Test will be conducted in class and in car.
2. The Workbook will be issued on the first day of In -Class and must be completed and returned at the last day of the In-Class to Crown Driving Academy Inc. to qualify for completion of the full course. In-complete and damaged book will not be accepted. In case a replacement workbook is requested by a student for any damaged/lost workbook an additional $15.00 plus hst fee must be paid for each additional workbook.
3. Certification will only be done to those students who have successfully completed both the in class or online e-Learning course and in car sessions with passing marks based on ministry of Transportation regulations and instructor’s evaluation.*
4. Crown Driving Academy Inc. will not be held responsible and liable for any lost , damaged, stolen or left over students belonging during their visits or course at school or in-car driving. Students will be totally and fully responsible for their own belonging during their any visits for in-class lesons or in-car driving lessons or their stay at Crown Driving Academy Inc.
5. Students must start their driving lessons within (8) weeks of finishing their in class lessons.
6. Appointments for in car lessons not cancelled with in 24 hour notice will be charged $45.00/hr fully to the students; Fees paid are not transferable and non-refundable. Course cancellation fee is $100.00 plus per hour charge where applicable.
7. Extra lessons or individual lessons must be paid cash at the beginning of each In-Car lesson to the instructor or at the office.
8. Fee payments are due on registration. Allowances are made to those who require additional time, and then it will be in the form of a down payment of half at the time of registration.
9. This allows the student to start the in class session or online e-Learning course, However, the full fee is required to start the in car lessons, for the student convenience payments can be made by PayPal, MasterCard, Visa, Interact, Cash or Cheque are accepted but students will be held responsible for NSF charges that is $45.00 extra.
10. Each student must complete their 20 hours in-class lesson,10 hours work book will be completed and hand over to the Crown driving Academy Inc. office, or must complete e-Learning 20 + 10 hours then you can start the in-car driving. If any student who will not complete their in-class portion or on line portion will not be able to start their in-car driving until they finsh their in-class or on line portion based on ministry of Transportation regulations and instructor’s evaluation.*
11. In car instructions will begin when the total fee has been paid and student has a valid G1 license please note that instructors do book their appointment at least a week in advance. Due to individual performance and circumstances students are asked to contact the office when they wish to start the in car session.
12. In order to sign up for any course or any individual in car lessons, each student will must complete and submit their registration form with all the required information. Crown Driving Academy Inc. will not provide any instruction if the student will not sign up and submit their registration form.
13. If the student do not have a valid G1 license, or students don't have a valid G1 license at the time of the in car driving lesson, Crown Driving Academy Inc. and their in-car instructors will not provide the in car driving instructions.
14. Crown Driving Academy Inc. will provide in car driving instructions on instructors car with dual brakes only. Crown Driving Academy Inc. will not provide in car driving instructions on students personal vehicles with out dual brakes and with out valid car insurance.
15. Crown Driving Academy Inc. will not provide in car driving instructions in the the drive test area or drive test route or any restricted area.
16. Crown Driving Academy Inc. will not pick up and teach any student who lives in the drive test restricted area which is declared in City of Toronto Bylaws or other jurisdictions. The student will make an arrangement and set up pick of point for in-car drivng lesson with the in-car instructor out side the restricted area.
17. Appointments will be arranged for a convenient time between the student and the instructor, please note that all times are approximate. The lesson begins when the instructor arrives at the schedule pick up time.
18. Instructos will pick you up from your house and will drop you back there once the in-car lesson will start and will be completed. Only if you live in Scarborough. If you have preferred alternate location, speak to your instructor about it and they may be able to work something out if that is not his/her out of reach area.
Note: Crown Driving Academy Inc. is Scarborough based driving school. Crown Drivng Acaemy Inc. will not pick up or drop off any student who live in downtown area or out of Scarborough area. It is not possible for any instructor to pick up student from downtown area or any further far area. Any student from these area will be picked up and drop off from any nearest subway located in Scarborough, pre arranged with your in-car instructors.
19. Once the student enrolled for any packages, courses or anyone purchase a Gift Certificate. Crown Driving Academy will provide services in the Scarborough Area.
Note: After the enrollment or during the course if someone moved or decided to move outside the Scarborough area or other city. Crown Driving Academy will not provide in-car driving lesson in their new area or location. And student need to come to Scarborough for their in-car driving lesson.
20. No refund will be made after the first (1hour) in car session or the first in class session, once the on line e-Learning sessions have already started and has been completed whichever comes first.
21. If someone wants to upgrade or low-grade their purchased package an admin fee of $50.00 plus hst will be applied. (Condition Apply)
Note: Only until student did not start the course yet. But once student start the course then they are not allowed to do changes.
22. Gift certificate which is not used can be cancel. An admin fee which is $100.00 plus hst will be appllied. But there will not be any refund of the total paid fee for the Gift Certificate after 3 years from the purchased date.
Note: Gift Certificate is non-transferable.
23. Use of the school car for government road test is NOT included in all courses except few courses. Please visit our Courses page for more derail.
24. Only one time late arrival of 15 minutes will be excused, in case of any further late arrival student(s) will have to make up for the time lost in the next available same session.
25. If you miss one class you will have to make up for the same missing class with next course.
26. Because the number of students, it is not possible for Crown Driving Academy Inc. to provide all course student for In-Car driving lessons on daily basis, because the In-Car instructor job is to accommodate the other students too, those are on his instructor list. If (you) the student want to finish their in car lesson on fast track, they have option to choose or convert their course into fast track course from the courses list.
27. The any in-class session and any 4 day course that will be advertise or announced is subject to the no of students registration. If we do not have enough no's then the class or course will be cancelled.
28. Crown Driving Academy will not serve any individual, for in car lessons, with narrow, limited or odd schedules. Each student must provide a flexible schedule with an open window, including weekdays, weekends, mornings, afternoons, noon and evenings. If the student is available for the in car lesson only in the evenings or only on a weekend. Then they will only get one in car lesson in a week in order to accommodate the other evening and weekend students.
29. Once the student has successfully completed their in class portion, they will be assigned an in car instructor within 10 to 14 business days. However, when it is busy it could be longer too.
30. Crown Driving Academy reserves the right to cancel classes based on enrollment, attendence, weather or conditions beyond its control.
31. Please note that because of the Covid-19 lockdown, we are experiencing a huge backlog. We will first assign in-car driving instructors in the order which students have completed their online component. Students who have already completed their online portions will be assigned driving instructors first.
Note: Once the students will complete their on-line portion or in- class portion successfully, There is waiting period for in-car training which is 4 to 6 weeks for assigning the in-car instructor. Crown Driving Academy Inc. will assign the in-car instructor after this period due to heavy backlog because of the effect of Covid-19.
STUDENT’S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND CONFIRMATION
1. I have read all the terms and conditions provided to me also the policies and procedures of Crown Driving Academy Inc. were explained and reviewed in details at the time of the registration.
2. I am aware that all fees must be paid in full before I can start the in car lessons, when I am ready to complete the car portion of the course, I will phone the office and leave my name for an instructor to contact me to schedule an appointment, the instructor will contact within usually 10 to 14 business days however, when it is busy it could be longer too.
3.*Note: An extra $25.00 certification fee and $15.00 work book fee will be applied in the course fee.
4. I am aware that I have 1 year from my starting date to complete the full course And Crown Driving Academy Inc. has 1 year to provide it to me. After that period my file will be closed and there will be no FEE REFUND. if I wish to start the course again, I will have to do my new registration and all the applicable fee will be applied.
5. During my attendance of both the class and the car lesson there is a code of conduct of a standard that is appropriate and conducive for a classroom. In the event there is a breach, Crown Driving Academy Inc. has the right to terminate my course registration or lessons; the $100.00 cancellation fee plus all applicable fees will be applied based on the fee menu.
6. There will be no charge to cancel an in car lesson, when I contact my instructor 24 hours in advance; failing to do this I know that the charge is $45.00 / Hr.
7. When the course students successfully complete their 40 hours. Then the Crown Driving Academy Inc. will certify the student electronically. However Crown Driving Academy Inc. will not provide/issue any paper or letter as proof of completion of driving school course based on ministry of Transportation regulations.
8. Only those who successfully completed the entire 40 hours course, will call Crown Driving Academy Inc. to confirm if their certification is completed, then you go to your nearest Drivers & Vehicle License Issuing Office or any Service Ontario Office and Request for Driver License History ( DLH ) search for proof of Beginner Driver Education Course Completion.
I HAVE READ AND HEREBY CONFIRM AND ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONDS AND ALL THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION PROVIDED BY CROWN DRIVING ACADEMY INC. IN ADDITION TO THIS IS AS ASPECIFIED REQUIREMENTS I HAVE ALLOWD MY PARENTS/GUARDIAN AND OR SPOUSE TO SCRUTINIZE AND APPROVE THEM TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND I CONFIRM MY ACCEPTENCE.
I also authorize Crown Driving Academy Inc. to release to the M.T.O, the Insurance Bureau of Canada, the O.S.L or the approved course Inspector any information relating to my attendance or information contained in my Student record or S.D.R. and I confirm my acceptance.